A One Year Internship in Real Estate Sales
· Currently licensed by RECO or finishing Phase 2 or Phase 3 with OREA
· You have exceptional listening skills, above average problem solving ability, plus the determination to build a strong personal business practice over time.
· Attention to detail
· Willing to learn & acquire important basic business management skills as you advance in building your career
· Ability to organize & prioritize your time, both business & personal
· Have a sense of urgency when dealing with clients & REALTORS® to ensure everyone that you value their time & business & that your focus is on your real estate business.
· Be willing to work every other weekends & two evenings when required
· You understand that real estate is a business, not a job and you will set goals for yourself and attain reasonable executive income benchmarks as required by corporate guidelines.
· A history of social networking & community involvement
Primary Success Behaviors
· You must be a good prospector & learn the latest in prospecting, which will include calling on & keeping in touch with your personal contacts or those prospects assigned to you.
· Developing a client based business in Real Estate is a long term prospect & you must be committed to creating, processing, cultivating & maintaining an active client/prospect data base & networking to constantly find new & repeat buyers & sellers.
· You are looking for business everyday & you continually create reasons for people to hear from & see you.
· You have high personal standards & want to be better than average as well as have a superior income and lifestyle.
· Empathy on the ability to be an attentive and patient listener to help people make good decisions.
· You accept responsibility for your own success & failures. You will have to maintain a strong posture as you will have setbacks and sometimes, more no’s than yes’s. Determination & continuous patient effort is required. You understand & appreciate the cyclical nature of the real estate business.
· You acknowledge that learning & growing is a life skill. You continually keep yourself up to date with technology, real estate trends, training & the demands of a fast paced, competitive marketplace.
· You have income expectations after two years of at least $100,000-$250,000
Real Estate Activities
· Under the training & guidance of a Broker of Record & other real estate coaches & trainers, you will undergo an intense emergence in all facets of real estate.
· You will learn and implement the latest in technology, marketing, financing and real estate sales
· Listing & selling real estate
· Conduct Open Houses
· Meet & qualify all buyers, research & show properties.
· Educate your buyers on the market, on the costs incurred when buying real estate & the legal aspects of the contract & the negotiating process.
· Research, create & present true honest market Competitive Market Evaluations (CMA) for prospective buyers & sellers & make price recommendations.
· Maintain detailed checklists to ensure all aspects of your client’s transaction are completed in a timely matter.
· Day to day client and prospect data entry & prospecting
· Continue follow through at & after closing to ensure that your client’s experience with you has been outstanding & that they are willing and able to refer you to their family and friends.
This is not a salaried job or for the part timer. Your income is based on commissions received after a successful transaction.
We have structured a program to get you earning income within 45-60 days or less & you must appreciate that your income will depend on your discipline & work habits.
This one year program is not easy, you will be making sacrifices in time & energy, it will be intense, however, after one year, you will be one of the highest skilled and experienced sales representatives in The London St.Thomas Association of Realtors (LSTAR).
We have created an effective screening program to ensure that those who join us will succeed and be a good fit.
As a non-franchise Independent Brokerage, we feel this is one of our important points of differentiation.
The Hiring Process
Our interview process starts with a conversation about the above topics and at the end of which we will both decide if we want to move ahead.
If yes, you will be asked to complete two in depth questionnaires which will take about an hour.
The next step will be to provide you with an analysis of the questionnaire & how it fits with the Envelope Sales Profile & if we both want to proceed, together we will review your answers & answer any questions you may have.
For a discreet first interview, call Ty Lacroix, Broker of Record at 519-435-1600